In this challenging role, you will provide technical leadership to internal teams and external vendors in supporting the end to end system from CMTS to CPE. You will support software development and test activities associated with cable modems, VoIP devices (eMTAs and eDVAs) and wireless gateways that are sold into the Service Provider market. This position requires an engineer with strong software, program management and communication skills.
In this position, you will be expected to:
Experience in the following areas is highly desirable:
· DOCSIS 3.0/3.1 specifications, protocols, test procedures and debugging
· PacketCable 1.x and 2.0 specifications, protocols, test procedures and debugging
· VoIP system architectures and provisioning elements
· IPv4 and IPv6 networking and related protocols
· Home Networking technologies (TR69, HNAP, UPNP, DDNS, MOCA)
· Wireless (802.11b/g/n/ac), including wireless encryption (WPA2, WPA, WEP), WPS and WMM
· Multicast and IPTV configuration and debugging
· Debug skills covering: IP networking, MGCP/NCS and SIP signaling protocols, DHCP, TFTP, RTP, routers, CMTS, routing protocols, data load testing and redundant / fault tolerant configurations
Industry Experience: 4 years of software experience as described above. Prior experience with software development, customer support, and system testing is required. Experience in working with major MSOs is preferred.
Minimum Required Education: B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent.