HIRING: Senior Networking Engineer – CMS Operations Team - ITC Argentina Office
Description: Fully English speaking SNE with robust background in network architecture, maintenance and monitoring.
Role: troubleshoot technology related problems that might include routing, datacenter design, troubleshooting intermittent loss, latency issues, system connectivity and equipment failure.
Fast issue resolution of complex routing/communications issues for customers and for the Cloud and Managed Services systems (system used to provide hosting services to our customers).
Senior leaders in the US Day team will call upon the person in this role to work on strategic design and projects launched to improve CMS hosted infrastructure
· Perform all aspects of the labor function while working on the engineering team’s book of improvement projects (design, architect, build/configure, transition to operations for use and maintenance).
· Provided day to day support of network environments as required, typically taking L3 escalations from our Networking Operations team and supporting ITC’s customers.
· Proactively suggest enhancements to existing configurations, technologies or procedures.
· Manage and map out risk lists on behalf of the Networking Team overall.
· Work closely with all IT and Security functional areas to design and implement operational requirements for new and existing IT systems.
· Assist with datacenter design support and management and hardware/software purchases.
· Ability to follow and enhance existing IT policies and procedures.
· Participate in emergency / senior on-call rotation with Global Manager of Networking Team.
· Troubleshoot intricate network and systems issues down to the bit level and up to the application layer.
· Provide critical thinking to complex problems in a 24/7, mission critical network environment.
· Process, monitor and prioritize trouble tickets when escalations come in
· Automate any tasks that can be automated by partnering with DevOps Teams.
· Thorough understanding of the TCP/IP suite.
· Good understanding of Fiber Channel Protocols.
· Deep knowledge of the OSI layers 1-4 and associated equipment.
· Experience with advanced network concepts and technologies such as QoS, CoS, IDS/IPS, VoIP, flow control, port channels / VPC’s, VRF’s).
· Knowledge of switch architecture, ASICs and packet flow for current generation switches/routers.
· Knowledge of implementing and troubleshooting dynamic routing protocols such as EIGRP, BGP and OSPF.
· Experience with packet sniffing applications (Snort, TCPDump, Wireshark, Netmon, etc).
· Experience performance tuning networking infrastructures.
· Strong Technical Understanding & Hands On Ability:
§ Switches: Nexus 5K and 9K, MDS 9K and Legacy 65xx Core Switching on Catalyst OS
§ Functional Networks: LAN, WAN, WLAN
§ Firewall: Juniper ISG/SSG (including VSYS), Cisco ASA, Cisco FirePOWER
§ IPsec VPN: Juniper ISG/SSG, Cisco ASA
§ SSL VPN: Juniper Secure Access, Cisco ASA
§ Security Management: Juniper NSM, Cisco ASDM, Cisco FSMC
§ Monitoring & Troubleshooting Tool: Solarwinds
Candidate Reporting: This position will report directly to the Director of CMS Infrastructure & Engineering in US