SweatWorks, the leading technology company in the fitness industry, is hiring a Quality Assurance Automation engineer/architect, fluent in written and spoken English and with full time availability.
The main focus of this role is to continue building and maintaining our automation regression suite at the UI & integration layers. You will also mentor other team members in developing UI, integration and unit test automation while working in an Agile environment with independent cross-functional teams.
- Building and maintaining automated testing framework to support functional, integration and unit level testing throughout AWS microservices architecture.
- Working closely with developers to create automated scripts that support Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipeline.
- Productively working in a distributed Agile team, mentoring junior team members, and actively participating in knowledge sharing.
- Responsible for creating performance and load tests, and creating reports on performance impact.
- Gathering requirements, testing and deployment within set time lines.
- Preparing, designing and leading Test strategies and Test plans for all projects.
- Should be able to counsel client on Test practices and Test strategies.
- Should be able to develop POC/working solution for client, based on best industry practice.
- Developing quality standards through the participation in initial software development stages.
- Validating and enhancing the existing QA plans and strategies.
- Creating Test logs and Test reports.
- Responsible for Defect logging, tracking through Element tool (Defect Management tool).
- Interacting with team members to ensure a smooth progress of the project; ensuring customer delivery and adherence to quality norms throughout the implementation process.
- Participating in candidate interviews and talent management.
- Must have 4-6 years experience in authoring and designing test automation frameworks at both UI layer and service layer.
- Must have experience in Automation testing (using Protractor, Node.js and TypeScript).
- Must have good experience in testing applications hosted on cloud (specifically AWS tech stack).
- Must have working experience in:
--- SQL Databases MSSQL/MySQL (Query writing, Joins, Views, Triggers, Views) and NoSQL Databases (DynamoDB).
--- Distributed SCM (GitHub/GitLab).
--- Setting up CI tools and services (Jenkins Pipeline, AWS CodeBuild).
--- Performance Testing tools (JMeter, BlazeMeter).
--- Testing cloud architectures that include microservices and RESTful APIs.
- Should have working knowledge of Agile (Scrum/Kanban) and DevOps practices & methodologies.
- Should have knowledge of Software Testing Methodology and QA processes.
- Good to have experience in mobile automation testing and distributed test execution tools (Selenium Grid, Sauce Labs, BrowserStack).
- Defect tracking activities including defect identification, recording and tracking to closure using defect tracking tools.
- Responsible for communication with the clients and with all key stakeholders.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytic and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and flexibility to work collaboratively with others in dynamic Agile environments.
- Desire to learn new automation technologies and development tools.
- Home-office job
- 25 day paid vacation per year
- Benefits: health insurance, Internet expenses and gym expenses
- Salary in USD