Freelancer.com is the #1 services marketplace in the world with over US$3 Billion in projects posted and owns and operates Escrow.com, the #1 worldwide provider of secure online payments with over US$4 Billion in secured transactions.
Escrow.com is the recommended transaction settlement service of many of the top names in eCommerce, including eBay, GoDaddy and AutoTrader. It's also recommended by the United States Government and has been involved in some of the Internet's largest transactions. Our offices are in San Francisco, Vancouver and Sydney, Australia.
The team is expanding in Buenos Aires and we are now looking for a Payments Agent to ensure the security of the platform. This role will be responsible for a range of operational functions to support the business including customer due diligence, inbound and outbound payment processing and related customer support in these areas across many jurisdictions.
Day to day tasks will include but not limited to reconciling inward and instructing and processing outbound payments via SWIFT and other routes, whilst continually monitoring transactions in line with regulatory requirements.
The successful candidate will be based in Buenos Aires and work closely with payment and support teams in San Francisco, Sydney and Manila.
The successful candidate will be someone who understands accounting and will likely have prior accounts payable or receivable experience, but more importantly has the energy to make a difference in ongoing process improvement to ensure that payment processing is efficient, effective and accurate for our customers. You will thrive in a fast paced and agile environment where each day brings exciting new challenges for the business. You will also have an interest in working for one of the worlds leading tech companies.
· Reconciling inbound payments with created transactions throughout the day.
· Follow up with customers with payment issues over the phone and via email to ensure full receipt.
· Perform anti-fraud procedures using data provided via our internal reporting systems.
· Reviewing completed escrows to ensure that all conditions of release and anti-fraud controls have been satisfied.
· Close out escrows and distribute funds in line with seller's disbursement method.
· Reconcile outbound payments with closed escrows throughout the day.
· Support client enquiries over the phone and via email.
· Accounting related degree (preferable)
· 1-2 years experience of an accounting position (bookkeeping, accounts payable or receivable), excellent quality graduates will also be considered.
· Strong English oral and writing skills.
· Very strong personal and customer service abilities.
This won't be your typical cog-in-the-machine type of job. You will be exposed to the fast pace of a rapidly growing global technology company. Escrow.com is a data-driven and product-focused technology company where every employee directly influences, impacts and builds the business. If you are a high achiever with talent who is looking for something more than a boring job in corporate, wants to work with the best and brightest, doesn't need to be hand held and wants to be in at ground zero with a company that has a shot at being one of the biggest sites on the internet then please apply now.