The Operations Manager will be responsible to optimize local Operations teams, being our CSC and Provisioning. They will build and lead a team of professionals who are responsible for the implementation (Provisioning) and support (CSC) of Expereo related telecommunication services (e.g. Internet access, Ethernet access, backhaul, colocation, hardware, SDWAN, installation services, etc). They will also carry a joint responsibility with the Managing Director for the commercial objectives of the organization.
Position tasks and responsibilities
· Building and managing a team of Operations professionals (order managers, project managers, support engineers and network engineers);
· Regional last line of escalation of customer impacting operational issues;
· Coach, motivate and train individual team members to perform at increasingly higher levels;
· Lead Operations optimization (incl. implementation) enabling lower lead times, optimize costs and improved customer satisfaction and maintaining the Expereo services on time and with an optimal cost base;
· Be an active member of the Global Operations Team and improve the Global Operations performance in line with the company strategic targets, and the alignment with these by the operations team in close communication with the VP Operations (based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands);
· Reporting KPI’s (key performance indicators) and team member performance / KPI’s to management;
· Support the Managing Director in his general managerial tasks and building of a successful team;
· Occasional travel will occur;
· Perform duties as and when required as necessary to support the business.
· Proven track record and 5+ years of relevant management experience in the international telecommunications industry;
· Bachelors or University degree or equivalent;
· Result driven, creative, persistent, quality driven, hands-on, customer focused;
· Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize workload;
· Multi lingual (fluency in English and Spanish is required, Portuguese would be preferred);
· You understand data / IP services and have knowledge of underlying network and access technologies;
· Energizing manager, communicatively strong, both verbal and in writing, able to motivate and to challenge others;
· Proven skills in coaching and training staff;
· Team player, flexible and able to work under pressure;
· Experience in a dynamic and international work environment;
· Self-starting and able to work unsupervised and confidently with confidential matters.