At Barrick Gold we are searching for a:
Corporate Counsel – Legal Secretary
The position will be based in CABA or Greater Buenos Aires, and will work as a remote employee, with occasional personal meetings with the role´s direct supervisor (General Counsel for LatAm and Australia Pacific). High autonomy levels are expected, with flexibility to adapt to changing work hours. Advanced/bilingual English is required, for permanent communication with Barrick worldwide operations. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package!
Reporting to the General Counsel for Latin America and Australia Pacific, the Corporate Counsel Legal Secretary will be exceptionally well organized and have a pragmatic and professional nature with a high energy level. This individual will be responsible for managing all aspects of board of director and committee meetings, including everything from developing and agenda to arranging meeting logistics. Will be responsible for providing advice and guidance for corporate securities and disclosure law matters and will be a resource for other areas of transactions, compliance, litigation and operations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Record keeping: Maintain important corporate documents and records.
- Board Meetings: take preparation and planning, including everything from developing an agenda to arranging meeting logistics.
- Provide advice to the Board of Directors on its roles and responsibilities. Provide advice, make recommendations and develop policies and procedures relating to disclosure obligations and corporate compliance for a public mining company
- Provide advice, prepare and negotiate contractual agreements relating to financings, credit facilities, acquisitions, dispositions, information technology contracts, supply contracts and other commercial transactions
- Coordinating activities of outside counsel, preparation of budgets and ongoing monitoring of costs
Skills & Qualifications
- Approximately 4-8 years post call corporate law experience with a top law firm or a major public company
- Highest standards of personal integrity
- Open and honest communicator capable of quickly earning trust and creating transparent relationships
- Comfortable engaging in a wide range of other legal issues and disciplines including corporate commercial, mergers & acquisitions, regulatory, compliance and corporate governance
- Strong business acumen and able to quickly analyze complex situations, determine key issues, and prepare and implement clearly defined solutions
- Demonstrated ability to work with initiative and creativity when managing multiple projects, under constant deadline pressure and limited supervision
- Bilingual English and Spanish (both written and spoken)
El contenido de este aviso es de propiedad del anunciante. Los requisitos de la posición son definidos y administrados por el anunciante sin que Bumeran sea responsable por ello.