Who we are
Our Mission is to inspire authentic and meaningful connections.
Selina was born out of a desire to celebrate the nomadic lifestyle: to experience our planet’s most beautiful places, to build community, to engage with locals and fellow travellers, to work and enjoy new adventures.
What the role is
The General Manager is the main leader at the location, providing leadership to all Managers and staff and making sure the location functions optimally while achieving all financial goals.
• Supervise the functioning of all product areas of the location (Front of the House, back of the House, F&B, Kitchen, CoWork, Experience) optimizing all opportunities
• Connect with the Country and Global Product leads to ensure proper functioning of products in the location.
• Ensure location is properly stocked with all the necessary supplies and equipment.
Finance & Accounting
• Manage the location’s P&L and reporting ensuring that all revenue, costs and data is consistent across all channels
• Ensure proper accounting recording and compliance with local accounting legalities
• Controls and systems for accounting on site are followed at all times and are in line with Selina guidelines
• Ensure compliance with all location-applicable laws and practices and report all issues that arise or may cause a disruption to the business
• Act as direct manager for all the location Managers
• Lead and support the recruitment and selection process for open positions at the location.
• Create and manage the staffing plan for the location.
• Ensure that staffing has a low impact to P&L whilst maintaining high levels of service and experience.
• Be the location’s main POC for training needs assessment and delivery of training.
• Revise and manage the location’s payroll, benefits and incentive plans. • Supervise the implementation of environmental health and safety plan at the location
• Meet and exceed the location’s revenue goals
• Establish and manage the sales strategy for the location
• Generate local partnerships to promote the Selina Brand
• Create and manage the location’s marketing plan following brand guidelines
• Ensure proper use of the brand guidelines
• Support and manage an environment to provide a positive experience in all the Selina Communities (guests/visitors, employees & community).
• Ensure proper implementation of the experience/programming designed for the location
• Be present at the location to support team members in providing a great experience.