In one sentence
Act as an expert during the implementation of the DWH (including ETLs) and BI solutions, responsible for designs, develops, modifies, debugs and/or maintains software systems, Serves as an expert on specific modules, applications or technologies, and deals with complex assignments during the software development life cycle.
All you need is
• Bachelor's degree in Science/IT/Computing or equivalent.
• 7-8 years' experience as a software engineer or a software support engineer.
• Experience in Information Technology in developing and implementing the Data Warehousing (ETL) applications using various data warehousing tools like Datastage, Informatica
• Good knowledge & experience in data migration area/activities and/or DWH/BI area.
• Experience in post-production support and incident management
• Must have strong knowledge of SQL and Unix
• Should be familiar with databases – Oracle/Teradata
• Theoretical/Practical knowledge of ETL tools like Informatica/DataStage will be added advantage
• Hands- on Experience with Hadoop