JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional, and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
The Legal Department of JPMorgan Chase & Co provides legal services and advice to the Firm globally. Legal is responsible for, among other things:
• Managing actual and potential litigation and enforcement matters, including internal reviews and investigations related to such matters
• Advising on products and services, including contract negotiation and documentation
• Advising on offering and marketing documents and new business initiatives
• Managing dispute resolution
• Interpreting existing laws, rules and regulations, and advising on changes thereto
• Advising on advocacy in connection with contemplated and proposed laws, rules and regulations, and providing legal advice to the Board of Directors, the business and functions. Legal selects, engages and manages outside counsel for the Firm on all matters in which outside counsel is engaged.
As an Associate, Database Project Manager I in the Legal Discovery Management practice group, which supports the Litigation Department, you will analyze and ensure the accuracy of historical data inputs related to discovery requests from multiple information sources, producing periodic and ad-hoc reports in order to assist LDM management, business/finance teams, and Litigators. You will contribute to and manage business process enhancement, automation, and documentation initiatives for LDM, identifying and developing new methods of tracking and reporting on key performance indicators of the business in order to assist in departmental decision-making. You will also collaborate closely with multiple Legal Technology stakeholders on database and platform testing, implementation, and improvement, while working with internal teams to define requirements for new applications. When applicable, you will be tasked with processing discovery requests within multiple vendor-supported and in-house applications.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Writing, updating, and running queries using SQL, Oracle, Microsoft Access, VBA, and/or other tools, conducting simple and complex data analysis, and producing ad-hoc queries in order to develop reports to support business needs.
• Creating polished, management-ready reports in Tableau and other data visualization software, querying multiple databases and other information sources across the firm for various purposes
• Communicating results and impact, and providing business descriptions based on analyses and outcomes to a variety of stakeholders in both IT and business terms
• Creating and/or updating Excel spreadsheets with macro-enabled forms to collect data; formatting and consolidating for loading into a centralized database
• Analyzing and developing SQL code, and creating and running stored procedures
• Automating manual business processes via scripting
• Design and deliver dashboards and reports to measure all aspects of operational activity and performance
• Participating in projects and initiatives related to data quality, data hygiene, audit readiness, metrics enhancement, process documentation, and other key departmental goals
• Proficient with MS SQL, Oracle, and Microsoft Access. Professional SQL development experience and deep understanding of database architecture.
• Proficient in Tableau and/or other data visualization software
• Exceptional proficiency with Microsoft Excel, including VBA macros, advanced formulas, and charting
• Proficient with PowerPoint and SharePoint; Visio experience a plus
• Proficient with tracking metrics and creating ad hoc/periodic reports as defined by management
• Experience in automating business processes utilizing scripting tools such as VBS, VBA, and Python helpful but not required
• Experience with presenting complex data to multiple audiences and stakeholder groups
• Experience with Pega and Legal Hold Pro helpful but not required
• 2-5 years of prior experience as a data analyst preferred
• Background in Legal and/or eDiscovery helpful but not required
• Highly flexible, ability to respond to shifting priorities
• Excellent with time management
• Ability to work autonomously
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills with management and other legal personnel are mandatory
All candidates for roles in the Legal department must successfully complete a conflicts of interest clearance review prior to commencement of employment