Reporting directly to the CTO and managing the overall system infrastructure. This is a senior administrator and architecture role responsible for the overall technical management, operations, ongoing maintenance and support of our large scale production platform.
· Chief responsibility over systems and networks.
· Maintain vendor relationships, as required, for technical infrastructure of staging and production environments
· Work directly with the Development Team, Business Operations and Project Management in managing projects and provide final sign-off/approval for release to various staging and production environments.
· Working directly with Senior Management, participate in planning and project discussions for various projects.
· Analyze and assess areas of risk to systems and recommend/implement changes as appropriate to the business.
· Continuously assess network and systems security, ensuring a high level of systems data security is maintained overall. Report concerns directly to the CTO.
· Perform systems and network architectural design for the platforms network, including capacity planning, hardware, infrastructure, software integration, OS and software performance tuning.
· Act as single point of escalation of production issues, interfacing with required resources to see issues are resolved in a timely manner.
· Effectively manage risk, including monitoring, system redundancy and backups based on business requirements and acceptable risk.
· Provide technical assistance and consultation as required to all areas of the company, including Development, Project Management, Sales, Quality Assurance, Accounting, Customer Service, Development and Systems departments.
· Perform special tasks and projects company-wide, as assigned by the CTO.
· Daily monitoring and maintenance (including periodic upgrades, backups, preventative maintenance, etc) of various staging and production environments, ensuring uptime and stability.
· Troubleshooting systems performance issues, formulating a repair-strategy and implementation thereof.
· Continued review of security architecture and ensuring exploitable vulnerabilities are mitigated.
· Designing and architecting system and platform changes, according to business requirements, including systematic role-out plan/strategy for deploying those changes to live environments.
· Configuring, testing, deploying and maintaining various:
· Integrating/interfacing hosted on-prem systems with third-party cloud-based platforms.
· Collaborate with multiple teams on various projects and deployments
· Basic user helpdesk support (setting up accounts, VPN configs, etc)
· Other duties as assigned.
· Minimum of 5 year’s experience in a senior infrastructure engineer / systems architecture role for technology-oriented organization required.
· Hands-on experience working with Linux (incl all of the below on Linux).
· Strong understanding of Ubuntu Server edition and Centos/RHEL required.
· Strong understanding of Linux mail systems, SMTP, large scale email platforms, DKIM, SPF and the holistic process behind email delivery/transfer.
· Extensive experience working on AWS and GCP.
· Exceptional problem determination and creative problem solving skills.
· Strong written and verbal skills.
· Strong understanding of software development lifecycle.
· Strong documentation and organizational practices.
· Extensive experience with many of these:
a. Mac OSX / Linux (Both hardware and Operating Systems)
b. MySQL, deployment, clustering, replication, maintenance and troubleshooting
c. Network architecture, deployment and troubleshooting
d. Network, physical and virtual host system security (local FW policies, IDS systems, mac-filtering, DMZ’s, etc)
e. Monitoring platforms and SNMP (Nagios, Icinga,etc)
f. Cloud based security platforms (Cloudflare, etc)
g. Cloud-computing technologies (OpenStack, oVirt, RHEV or similar)
h. CDN principles and inline caching
i. Baremetal hardware, SAN
j. Backup technologies
k. Deployment automation systems (Ansible, Puppet or equivalent)
Expertise with multiple Web technologies including but not limited to: HTTP, SSL, DNS and SMTP protocols.
Joining Period: Immediate
Note : Good written and oral English communication skills are essential, as we have our team all over the globe and English is the common language.
** APPLICATION METHOD **