Maintains accurate accounting records in compliance with US and local (as applicable) Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Perform required financial controls and analysis.
1. Contributes to the accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year end close by meeting deadlines.
2. Ensures your financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted global policies and procedures as well as in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles in the United States (US GAAP) and local GAAP (as applicable).
3. Ensures compliance with your process control narratives to meet Sarbanes-Oxley Internal Controls objectives and maintains appropriate process documentation. Alerts management to any discrepancies between written processes and current procedures, so that written procedures can be updated.
4. Prepares detailed journal entries, performs account reconciliations, and supporting schedules to the general ledger accounts as well as other controls required to comply with Sarbanes-Oxley.
5. Investigates and resolves accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
6. Facilitate positive relationships with General Ledger (GL) team members including international accounting personnel as well as other departments. Participates in cross functional teams as needed.
7. Investigates root causes of fundamental issues and problems and recommend solutions.
8. Identifies opportunities to streamline and improve the accounting process and recommend more efficient procedures.
9. Obtains and maintains a thorough understanding of the general ledger structure and assists in maintaining Oracle systems to manage the general ledger and sub ledgers as requested.
10. Prepares audit deliverables and inquiries.
11. Participate in ensuring that statutory requirements are met, as applicable and requested.